Thank you for choosing to come to Southern Plastic Surgery. Our aim is to provide you with expert up to date care in a professional and caring environment. We plan to help you through your decision making process, ensuring that you are fully informed of the benefits and risks of any procedure that you may undergo.
To help us provide you with the right information, please make sure that you bring the following for your initial consultation:
- Referral letter from your GP
- All x-rays, scans, nerve studies, medical reports & other test results
- A list of your medications and allergies
- Any questions you may have relating to your condition
- Your Medicare card & Veterans’ Affairs card (if applicable)
- Your private health fund details (if applicable)
During your consultation you will find that we will carefully listen to your concerns and expectations and discuss these with you, to assist you with your decisions regarding treatment options that can best meet your desired outcome.
For many procedures a time and date of surgery can be scheduled at the end of your consultation. For more complex procedures commonly you will be encouraged to attend a followup consultation to ensure that you fully understand what has been discussed prior to consenting to the procedure. This allows you the chance to think about the advice given, to discuss it with your family and to do your own research.